Thursday, January 17, 2008

Being Positive

I am someone who vents. I vent about my kids a lot because my life is mostly about them these days. I think venting can be a good thing because I really feel as though some days I might explode if I don't. But on the flip side it becomes easy to focus on the negative aspects of kids behaviors rather than their good qualities.

I am making an effort to focus more on all of of positive qualities that my kids possess.

To get started:
Carter is 8 years old which seems unbelievable to me. It really does seem like it happens in the blink of an eye. A few of his great qualities are that he is empathetic, curious, dedicated, big hearted, hugable, social, and passionate.

Lindsey is in kindergarten and will be six in a few months. She is artistic, nuturing, friendly, creative, social, helpful, kissable, and talkative.

James is 2 1/2 and as with most kids of that age he is at alternating moments fantastic and completely aggravating. For the most part he is funny, energetic, and ethusiastic about just about everything.

No comments: